About the Course
This course explains how to prevent fraud in UK regulated firms .
This course explains what is fraud and how to identify fraud. The role of financial services firms in preventing their business from being used by fraudsters and the associated challenges in so doing. The criminal prosecution regime in the UK.
By the end of the course participants will:
Be able to state the fraud offences
Explain the FCA approach to fraud
Conduct a risk assessment and how to manage the results
Outline an anti-fraud control framework
Recognise the key players fighting financial crime in the UK
The course will cover:
- What is fraud and the FCA's role in fraud prevention.
- A fraud control framework, and why it is needed.
- The criminal offences for committing or allowing fraud to be committed
- The key entities involved in fighting financial crime in the UK and their responsibilities.
- The fraud-related legislative framework in the UK.
- Regulatory expectations around fraud prevention and how to meet those expectations.
- Examples of seminal prosecutions.
Required Knowledge and Skills
The course is suitable for anyone in financial services. This course can be adapted so that it specifically addresses individuals working in specific roles such as risk and compliance, front, back, and middle office personnel, board members and senior managers.
About Your Trainer
Rajeshri is a Chartered Accountant with experience in Forensic Accounting and Expert Witness work in fraud and financial crime. Raj has worked on highly complex criminal cases with the FCA and SFO, as well as firm and individual regulatory misconduct.
Raj is also an associate member of the Academy of Experts and has provided expert reports on fraud related matters.