About the Course
This course explains money laundering in the UK.
This course explains how money is laundered. The role of financial services firms in preventing their business from furthering money laundering. The criminal prosecution regime in the UK.
By the end of the course participants will:
Be able to state the three steps involved in laundering money
Understand the principle money laundering offences
Understand the regulated sector offences of money laundering
Understand the role and responsibilities of the MLRO
Recognise the key players fighting financial crime in the UK
The course will cover:
- What is money laundering and how it is laundered.
- The criminal offences of money laundering and the role of regulated firms.
- The key entities involved in fighting financial crime in the UK and their responsibilities.
- The Money Laundering Directives from the EU and how these apply in the UK.
- Regulatory expectations around money laundering and how to meet those expectations.
- Examples of seminal prosecutions for either laundering money or failing to prevent money from being laundered.
Required Knowledge and Skills
The course is suitable for anyone in financial services. This course can be adapted so that it specifically addresses individuals working in specific roles such as risk and compliance, front, back, and middle office personnel, board members, and senior managers
About Your Trainer
Rajeshri is a Chartered Accountant with experience in Forensic Accounting and Expert Witness work in fraud and financial crime. Raj has worked on highly complex criminal cases with the FCA and SFO, as well as firm and individual regulatory misconduct.
Raj is also an associate member of the Academy of Experts and has provided expert reports on fraud related matters.