About the Course
This course explains anti bribery and corruption in the UK.
This course explains what is bribery and corruption. The role of financial services firms in preventing their business from furthering bribery and corruption and which aspects applies to every UK citizen. The criminal prosecution regime in the UK.
By the end of the course participants will:
Be able to state the key areas of risk in a regulated firm
Understand the criminal offences
Identify PEPs and recognise why they present higher risks
Describe a control framework and recognise the risks challenges in its implementation
Recognise the key players fighting financial crime in the UK
The course will cover:
- What is bribery and how it is prevented in the UK.
- The criminal offences of bribery and the role of regulated firms.
- Conducting a risk assessment, and how to use the outputs.
- The key entities involved in fighting financial crime in the UK and their responsibilities.
- The Money Laundering Directives from the EU and how these apply in the UK.
- Regulatory expectations around money laundering and how to meet those expectations.
- Examples of seminal prosecutions.
Required Knowledge and Skills
The course is suitable for anyone in financial services. This course can be adapted so that it specifically addresses individuals working in specific roles such as risk and compliance, front, back, and middle office personnel, board members, and senior managers.
About Your Trainer
Rajeshri is a Chartered Accountant with experience in Forensic Accounting and Expert Witness work in fraud and financial crime. Raj has worked on highly complex criminal cases with the FCA and SFO, as well as firm and individual regulatory misconduct.
Raj is also an associate member of the Academy of Experts and has provided expert reports on fraud related matters.